Saturday, July 29, 2006

Wakeboard Sesh

Well, because Jonny Hughes is moving to Boston on August 3rd today was the last wakeboarding session of the year.  Emily and I got up around 10:30 am and headed up to Jon's camp.  Jonny 7_29_2006_3_13_pm_0001
showed up about 15 minutes after we got there with a couple tannks of gas and ready to go.  We took a bunch of spins out on the lake and when Jacquelin arrivedCimg5037
we made a lunch run to Martha's (they had banana ice cream... my favorite :).  It was a beautiful day with lots of sun and I definitely got burned a little bit.  Emily, on only her 2nd day on a board, can cross both wakes and can carve pretty well also... pretty fast learner!  Jon's cousin Pat and his bro showed up while we were at Martha's and managed to snap off one of the flexible polymer poles that dock the boat next to the dock.  Thankfully Jonny was able to find a couple more in the shed so we could continue with the day.  I actually landed 2 of my misty flips but couldn't hold onto the rope after... that trick is the bain of my existance!
    At around 6pm Emily and I headed up to Lake George to see my best bro Matt Jones and his wife Sarah.  After a quick trampoline sesh for old times we went down to Smokey Joe's (old Lemon Peel) for some bbq ribs for dinner.  I finished a whole rack by myself.. don't know how because they are enormous.  After dinner we headed up to Carefree Lane for a longboard ride down the twisty road.  Emily got in my truck and basically rode the brake down the hill behind us as we whipped down on our boards.  I haven't done that road in over a year and I got going pretty damn fast but was able to hold the speed wobbles at bay.
    Emily and I then headed back to Toga for the night and some drinkin' on Caroline Street which was pretty uneventful.  It was great to get one last day of wakeboarding in under the sun and it was nice to finally hang out with Matt again.  Hopefully I'll get to see him again before I head to Oregon.


No comments: